ENDEMIC WILDLIFE offers you the unique opportunity to perform the most exciting and unique AMAZON ANGLING TRIP, within a framework of EXTREME AND WILD ADVENTURE, as you have never experienced!
«ARARACUARA EXPEDITION» is a fascinating and daring AMAZONIC ADVENTURE, where during 10 unforgettable days and more than 500 Kms of crossing to the heart of the AMAZON RAINFOREST, we will arrive very close to the Great «ARARACUARA MOUNTAIN CANYON» and its powerful torrent, always surrounded by VIRGIN JUNGLE and an incomparable explosion of WILD LIFE!!!
IF YOU DARE!!! You will have the great privilege of knowing hidden places and the most unsuspected secrets of the AMAZON RAINFOREST, highlighting the most beautiful, surprising and unexplored RIVERS AND LAGOONS of WILD ESSENCE, who still do not know about FISHING LURES and where, consequently, the big ones proliferate, specially the «AMAZON MONSTERS FISH», which easily exceed the WORLD’S LARGEST RECORD OF SPORTS FISHING.
SPORTS FISHING SEASON
Sport Fishing in the CAQUETA RIVER can be done all year round, due to the excellent state of conservation of its forests and the virgin and unexplored state of its lagoons, tributary canals and rivers, which have never known about FISHING LURES whatsoever.
We emphasize the great abundance of food, which allows the support of the entire food chain, proliferating the GREAT PREDATORS / AMAZON MONSTERS FISH, where the Giant Catfish stand out, such as the PARAIBA CATFISH, the TIGER SHOVELNOSE CATFISH, the GIANT JAU CATFISH, REDTAIL CATFISH and the GRANULADED CATFISH; And also the Big Sports Fishes like the VAMPIRE TETRA or PAYARA, the BLACK PACU or TAMBACU, the PICUA, the DORADO, the YAMU, the CORVINA or PESCADA, the PALOMETA and the TRAIRAO FISH, among many others.
THE SUMMER starts from the month of December and extends until the end of April. These months correspond to the dry period and it is when the waters of the majestic CAQUETA RIVER and all its tributaries descend it levels, clearing the color of its waters. Also is when the large schools of fish that were scattered by the jungle by the winter, now they concentrate in the innumerable lagoons and riverbeds, providing the best scenery to enjoy an unforgettable sport fishing activity.
WINTER begins with the arrival of the rains in the month of May and extends until the end of November. In these months there is an increase in the flow of the rivers, being the months of May and June the most critical, but also the most spectacular, as they frame the migration for the GIANT CATFISHES, where the fishing of the «AMAZON MONSTERS FISH» It is a sight worth living for every sport fisherman. It should be noted that life in these rivers is surprising and abundant and Sport Fishing is something out of series «ALL YEAR ROUND», including during the winter season.
In addition to all this abundance of life, the «ARARACUARA EXPEDITION» invites us to enjoy all the magic and charm of the AMAZON RAINFOREST. We highlight the still wild state of the emblematic CAQUETA RIVER, the exuberance of its landscapes, the abundance of Wild Life, the seasoning of our Amazonian food, but, above all, the warmth and hospitality of the local Indigenous Communities and the Colombian Amazonian Colonist, who will make you want to visit us again every season.
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||EL DORADO AIRPORT in the city of Bogotá.|
|DEPARTURE TIME||Please arrive between 12 m and 6:00 pm. A group of ENDEMIC WILDLIFE will be waiting for you.|
|RETURN TIME||Our return trip we undertake on the 11th. Arriving at the City of BOGOTA DC., We will go to a good hotel to take the closing dinner of the program and a well-deserved rest; And the next day, after breakfast, we will go to the DORADO AIRPORT in the City of Bogotá DC, to accompany them to the offices of the corresponding Airlines that will take you back to your country.|
|VALUES AND SERVICES INCLUDED||
- Use light, quick-drying clothing, shirts and long-sleeve trousers for protection from the sun and insects.
- Tropical zone of high radiation. Use sunscreen, preferably factor 90
- The temperature in the summer is around 35 degrees Celsius at noon and drops to 24 degrees Celsius at night or early morning.
- The rainy season in the Amazon goes from May to November, with an intermediate summer between September and October.
- Send in advance the complete personal data for the issuance of collective accident insurance.
¡DO NOT FORGET YOUR VACCINE AGAINST YELLOW FEVER AND MEASLES!
FRIDAY (DAY 1)
- (12:00 to 6:00 PM.) Welcome Committee at the EL DORADO AIRPORT in Bogotá DC.
- Transfer and accommodation in a good hotel in the city of Bogotá DC., During the first night of our Sports Fishing program.
- (7:00 PM.) Opening dinner of our great adventure.
SATURDAY (DAY 2)
- (6:00 AM.) breakfast
- (7:00 AM.) Transfer to the AERIAL BRIDGE of Bogotá DC.
- (8:15 AM) Presentation before the airport office of the airline SATENA in the AERIAL BRIDGE of Bogotá DC. (Baggage allowed X 15 Kilos).
- (10:17 AM) Departure of the SATENA flight from the AERIAL BRIDGE of Bogotá DC.
- (12:44 AM) Arrival of the flight SATENA to PUERTO LEGUIZAMO,
- (1:00 PM) Typical Welcome Lunch at a local restaurant in PUERTO LEGUIZAMO.
- (2:00 PM) Visit the supermarket in the city to make last minute purchases.
- (2:30 PM) He moved by express vehicle to the town of LA TAGUA.
- (3:00 AM) Arrival to the town of LA TAGUA, on the CAQUETA RIVER.
- (3:30 PM) Boarding of the Expedition boats and departure to the PENEYA RIVER / 1:30 Hours in One Way Trip (Down river)
- (5:00 PM) Arrival at PENEYA RIVER and welcome drink to the camp (Without liquor)
- Dinner and well-deserved rest.
DAYS 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09 and 10
- Day 03 – Sport Fishing in the PENEYA RIVER – STA BARBARA / CAGUAN RIVER
(All day) – Settlers area / Wide river of clear waters
- Day 04 – Departure to LAGUNA BUENOS AIRES – LOS STRECHOS
(In the morning) – 3:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. in One Way Trip (Down river)
- Day 05 – Sport Fishing in BUENOS AIRES LAGOON – LOS ESTRECHOS
(All day) – Indigenous Reserve / Abundance of Small Rivers and Lagoons
- Day 06 – Departure to EL SAINI RIVER – ANGOSTURA
(In the morning) – 3:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. in One Way Trip (Down river)
Stop in the INDIGENOUS COMMUNITY LOS ESTRECHOS (Greeting X 1:00 Hour Approx.)
- Day 07 - Sport Fishing in EL SAINI RIVER – ANGOSTURA
(All day) – Indigenous Reservoir / River that comes from the CHIRIBIQUETE
- Day 08 – Departure to SABALO RIVER – PTO ESPIRITU
(In the morning) – 1:30 Hours on Return Trip (Upstream)
- Day 09 – Sport Fishing in SABALO RIVER – PTO ESPIRITU
(All day) – Indigenous Reservoir / Rapids and Waterfalls
- Day 10 – Departure to PENEYA RIVER – SANTA BARBARA / CAGUAN RIVER
(In the morning) – 5:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. in Return Trip (Upstream)
MONDAY (DAY 11)
- (6:00 AM) Awakened and Breakfast in our camp on PENEYA RIVER.
- (7:30 AM) Departure from the camp towards the town of LA TAGUA, on the CAQUETA RIVER.
- (9:00 AM) Arrival to the town of LA TAGUA.
- (9:30 AM) Moved by express vehicle to the town of PUERTO LEGUIZAMO, Putumayo
- (10:00 AM) Arrival to the town of PUERTO LEGUIZAMO,
- (10:15 AM) Presentation before the airport dispatch of the SATENA
- (11:00 AM) Typical Farewell lunch at a local restaurant in PUERTO LEGUIZAMO.
- (12:44 PM) Departure of the SATENA flight from PUERTO LEGUIZAMO to Bogotá DC.
- (3:15 PM) Arrival of the SATENA flight to the AERIAL BRIDGE of the city of Bogotá DC.
- (5:00 PM.) Accommodation in a good hotel in the city of Bogotá DC., During the last night of our Sports Fishing program.
- (7:00 PM.) Closing dinner of our great adventure.
TUESDAY (DAY 12)
- (AM.) Breakfast at the hotel according to the need of departure to comply with the itineraries of International Flights.
- (AM.) Arrival at EL DORADO AIRPORT in the city of Bogotá DC. According to flight itineraries.
- (AM.) Farewell and END OF THE PROGRAM!!!!
CAQUETA RIVER (called Yapurá in Brazil), is an extensive Amazon river with more than 2,280 km in length that is part of the main water network of the AMAZONAS RIVER, contributing 13% of its flow. In its route through Colombia it receives the rivers Fragua Grande, Orteguaza, Mecaya, the mighty Caguan and the Yari river, as one of its most important tributaries.
CAQUETA RIVER, through its frenetic road, travels through one of the most inhospitable and unexplored jungles of Colombia and in an enigmatic and forceful way gives life to one of the most powerful Stream of the Amazon, «ARARACUARA CANYON», also known as «GUACAMAYAS NEDS».